Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow-icane

At least, that's what the local paper is calling the storm that's supposed to hit here tomorrow. To hear some of the hyperventilating weather people on TV you'd think we were facing Armageddon.

Or snow-mageddon.

Me? I'm ready for it. Not in the sense of having all we need to stand up to what Ma Nature throws at us, but ready to slow down -- even if it involves some shoveling.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and find that every place I normally go is closed -- school, day care, stores, highways. I'd love to roll over, turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.

There is something magical about such a day. Humbling, too -- nature's way of saying she's still in charge.

So bring it on. Snow us in. We'll make snow angels once the wind dies down, and gallons of hot chocolate with marshmallows to keep us warm as we watch the flakes fall.

It's the end of February. We're not likely to see many more such storms before the crocuses push through the soil and tell us to shake off our winter selves and get moving again.

3 comments:

  1. and the grocery stores are already a mad house....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I made up "snowicane" - better than the original "snownado," which made NO sense. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep. Running my printer like a mad woman for an event on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete