Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Grace under pressure

I was on my way out of a grocery store late this afternoon, clutching a few bags of items I'd need to make dinner, when I passed a young woman with two small children. She was moving her many bags of groceries from one of those huge shopping carts with an oversized toy car in front -- for the wee ones sit in -- to a regular cart (you're not supposed to remove the toy-car cart from the store).

All those groceries plus two little kids, who were probably tired and hungry and, perhaps, in need of a potty break.

I marveled at the young woman's energy and at her calm, controlled manner.

Parents don't get much credit for the kind of juggling act I witnessed at the market today. Too bad. They should give out medals for bravery to any parent who manages to shop for groceries while keeping two little people in line -- and lives to tell about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment