Tuesday, October 27, 2009

364 days and counting (Or, why I've started a second blog)

Yesterday marked the end of my 59th year on the planet. That makes today the first day of the year-long slog toward my 60th birthday. I intend to A) get there and B) get there in better shape -- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually -- than I am today. I have my work cut out for me.

As part of that commitment to myself and to what I hope will be a better year, I'm starting a new blog, my second on blogspot.com. I considered naming it "On the road to geezer-hood" but decided "Pushing 60" was a kinder, gentler way to refer to the year ahead of me -- and any of you who are approaching that birthday. You can find it at www.pushing-60.blogspot.com.

I plan to post a brief message to the blog each day about my successes (and failures) along the way in the hope that you might find something useful there. If not, it should be good for a laugh or two. The last thing I want to do at this stage of my life is start taking myself too seriously.

Feel free to use the new blog to share your own ideas on this next decade of life. Getting older may not be the easiest thing we'll ever do, but we don't have to do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment