Saturday, September 5, 2009

Need something to make you smile?

Check out the wedding announcement "Knight-Mills" in the Saturday, Sept. 5, edition of the (Binghamton, N.Y.) Press & Sun-Bulletin (See "Celebrations," Page 10C).

The newlyweds, Ruth Mills and David Knight, were friends in their teens. They married other people but were both widowed when they ran into each other last summer at Wal-Mart, where the groom works as a greeter.

The happy couple tied the knot on Aug. 7 -- at ages 83 and 84.

God bless 'em for reminding the rest of us that love is ageless.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops - hit the wrong button on that one!

    I meant to say: Did they get married AT Wal-Mart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently not, but THAT would have been a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a wire story a while back about a guy who had his funeral at Waffle House. Apparently he'd eat there all the time and wanted to be remembered there.

    Weird ... but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate at a Waffle House while in Florida this weekend. The food probably got me a little closer to my own funeral. I can't imagine actually having any sort of event there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'mon, Waffle House is great. They have cheap food and awesome Southern rock/country in the jukebox. Last time I was there (the one in Clark Summit), I played "Freebird." It doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete