Friday, September 4, 2009

Writer, interrupted

8:30 p.m.
The resident toddler is watching a Disney movie.
I sense a window of opportunity to do a bit of writing.
I settle into my corner of the couch and log onto my brand new blog. A couple of ideas pop into my head, and ...
"I want chocolate milk."
"Not this late."
"Why?"
"Because."
I go back to my writing, confident the 3-year-old has accepted my explanation.
Wrong.
"I want chocolate milk."
"Not now," I say. "It's almost night-night time."
"I want it."
"Too bad."
I go back to my writing, confident that I've won this one.
Wrong.
"I WANT chocolate milk."
I reconsider my decision to start a blog.
"Can I have a cracker?"

3 comments:

  1. Such a familiar exchange of words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joe. So glad you enjoyed your time in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maine was awesome sad we did not meet up. We needed a weeks vacation to recover from a weeks vacation.

    ReplyDelete